Monday, April 13, 2015

Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Hi, my name is Jay and I am a cartoon junkie.

It's understandable when you are a kid, and even as a teen...but I am a full grown adult. A mom. An Auntie. A wife. Is it still OK?

I would like to think it's sweet and young at heart, not bizarre. 
Doesn't matter too much, I like what I like!

Of course the old classics are a fave!

But I am a child of the 80's.....


And happened to have a child who grew up in the 90's...


Sadly, good cartoons are hard to come by now. I am a sucker for this cute little guy though.


Just to continue with my late in life childishness, I have a love affair with chocolate chip cookies. 
Make them chocolate CHUNK?  OK!
Saw this Pillsbury recipe, and knew I couldn't go wrong.

Hubby and the girl poured big glasses of milk and waited not so patiently. They had to have them hot right out of the oven.
Ooey and gooey!

Ingredients:
1 Cup butter (softened)
½ Cup packed brown sugar
½ Cup granulated sugar
1 Box French vanilla instant pudding mix
2 Eggs
2 Tsp vanilla
2 ¼ Cups all purpose flour
1 Tsp baking soda
1 Bag (11.5 oz) semi sweet chocolate chunks
1 Cup coarsely chopped walnuts

Directions:
1 Heat oven to 350
2. In large bowl, beat sugars and butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in pudding mix
4. Beat in eggs and vanilla
5. Gradually beat in flour and baking soda
6. Stir in chocolate chunks and nuts
7. Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet
8. Bake 14-16 minutes








This recipe was shared with:
Flour me with Love, Tumbleweed Contessa, Grace Langdon, A Southern Fairtyale, A Pinch of Joy, The Modest Mom Blog, Huckleberry Love, I Should be Mopping the Floor, Uncommon Designs, Jambellish, A Mama's Story, All Things Fee, The Chicken Chick, Boogieboard Cottage, Enchanted Homeschooling Mom, Skip to my Lou, Mom Favorites, April J Harris, Sew Can Do, Mom's the Word, Pint Sized Baker, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Cornerstone Confessions, Lou Lou Girls, My Joy Filled Life, Yesterfood, Time Warp Wife, Mandy's Recipe Box, The New Mrs Adventures, Kathe with an E, Hope in Every Season, Stone Gable Blog, Dizzy Busy and Hungry, Milk and Cuddles, My Girlish Whims, Raising Homemakers, A Peek into my Paradise, Gingersnap Crafts, Crafty Allie, The Newlywed Pilgrimage, Lemoine Family Kitchen, Ivy and Elephants, Feeding Big, Grace and Good Eats, What's Cooking Love, Saving 4 Six, Miz Helen's Country Cottage, Lambert's Lately, Embracing Change, Katherine's Corner, A Delightsome Life, The Pin Junkie, The Grits Blog, Play Party Pin, Lady Behind the Curtain, Daily Dish, The New Mrs Adventures, The Better Baker, Love Bakes Good Cakes, Craft Dictator, Thirty Handmade Days, City of Creative Dreams, The Diary of a Real Housewife, Craft O Maniac, The Girl Creative, Morsels of Life, Coffee with us 3, Sweet Haute, Cooking with Ruthie, Raising Memories, A Peek into my Paradise, Denise Designed

5 comments:

  1. These look so yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wish I had one of your awesome cookies! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello gorgeous! I love seeing your masterpieces.Thank you for bringing such great things to our party. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm.. Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't watched any cartoons in a long time but I love them too! And I love chocolate chip cookies as well! Your recipe sounds delicious - I like the addition of the pudding mix. I bet it adds a lovely richness! Pinning your recipe. Thank you for sharing with us at the Hearth and Soul hop,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate chunks definitely ups the gooey chocolate factor! Yum! Thanks for stopping by and sharing this on Five Friday Finds! I'm looking forward to what you share this week. :)

    ReplyDelete